Save the Date, as they say. April 19th, 2022 is the day flagged for the announcement of the next World of Warcraft Expansion!
On April 19, the World of Warcraft development team will reveal the next expansion. We’re excited to show you what we’ve been working on and where your adventures in Azeroth will go next.worldofwarcraft.com
I’m not sure how much this will affect me. Apparently, there are a few more zones that have been added to Shadowlands since 9.0 went live. I’m still running dailies for gold in the main hub. Haven’t been motivated, storyline or otherwise, to go much further.
Still, April 19 may be a bigger date than just an expansion announcement. BlizzConline was put on hold back in October 2021. Since then, Blizzard has been dealing with “issues” of its own. But with a new expansion coming and some other titles showing movement on the development front… maybe, just maybe, we might hear something about Blizzcon 2022.
Okay, I really need to remember I have this damn thing. Blogging can lead to sanity, or at least a writing exercise.
Speaking of writing, let me regurgitate something someone else wrote regarding this year’s actual, physical, FOR REAL BLIZZCON (Spoiler – see the title of this blogpost):
Hello Blizzard community,
Several weeks ago, I shared an update about our uncertainty around holding BlizzCon this year. Since then, a lot has changed . . . and a lot also hasn’t changed. During this time, we’ve had many discussions about what holding a convention could look like in light of all the health and safety considerations we’d want to make. We’ve also talked about different paths we could take, and how each one could be complicated by fluctuations in national and local health guidelines in the months ahead. Ultimately, after considering our options, we’ve come to the very difficult decision to not have BlizzCon this year.
We’re feeling deeply disappointed about this decision, and imagine many of you will feel the same. I truly love BlizzCon, and I know that’s a sentiment shared by everyone at Blizzard. We will sorely miss connecting with so many of you at the convention and “recharging our geek batteries” this fall.
But we will meet again!
We’re talking about how we might be able to channel the BlizzCon spirit and connect with you in some way online, far less impacted by the state of health and safety protocols for mass in-person gatherings. We’d want to do this as soon as we could, but given that this is new-ish territory and the different factors involved, it will most likely be sometime early next year. BlizzCon is also a stage for big esports events in Blizzard games each year, so we’re also looking into alternatives for supporting some of the high-level competition that would normally take place at the show.
We’ll tell you more about our plans as they develop—but in the meantime, we hope to see you exploring the Shadowlands, hanging out in the Tavern, pushing the payload (do it!), and wherever else in the Blizzard universes you may roam.
Stay safe and stay well,
Whirlwind Barbarian, Executive Producer of BlizzCon Hello Blizzard community,
- From the BlizzCon Blog
Now this was posted back on May 26th. Yeah, I’m not exactly prompt with my “reporting”. So why post this now? Well today is my last day of vacation. I had nothing scheduled to do all day. Good day to play some World of Warcraft, right?
I didn’t log into the game. And, if I’m being honest, I didn’t miss it.
For the past ever, I log in and run the dailies for gold. I do that to buy tokens to resub, or to transfer/boost characters. But today I just didn’t feel the need to do it. And I think that had something to do with BlizzCon. Yeah, it was ok to watch the virtual show. But there’s just something electric about being there in person. And with little motivation to do much else in the game, that electricity was keeping me going. My battery is dead.
A break is good, and it might only last a few days. I’ll see how it goes.
But again, BlizzCon is cancelled this year.
COVID sucks. Everything sucks.
But have no fear! Blizzcon is here!
This year, Blizzard Entertainment is hosting what they’re calling BlizzConline 2021. It’s going to be Blizzcon, but in a virtual online setting. For Free! February 19-20th!
Trailers have dropped, so check them out won’t you?
Halloween. Trick or Treat. I don’t care about any of that, because right now the Trick is getting ready for Blizzcon. The Treat is making sure everything actually gets done.
- Gather gold from my World of Warcraft Order Halls – DONE. It was a good haul with 120k gold Horde-side, and 62k for the Alliance.
- Check documents – DONE. Passport is legit, and I’ve printed out my Blizzcon ticket bar code, airline info, and accommodations information.
- Check flight – DONE. The itinerary changed, but that was for the return flight. I’ll get home around 1am Monday morning, and have to make an appearance at work that day. I plan on doing plenty of airport sleeping.
- Confirm room – DONE. I checked my AirBnB on Google Map, and couldn’t find anywhere nearby to buy food. Looks like a weekend of carbs and protein bars.
- Transport – DONE. I checked to see if it would be cheaper to Uber or Shuttle from the airport to the AirBnB. Looks like there’s only a couple bucks difference. I may walk from the house to the Convention Center. It’s only 2 miles. That’s a recreational stroll in Rokkville. Maybe not at night, but definitely a nice brisk stroll to stand in line Friday.
- Pack –
DONE. I’m seeing cloudy and drizzle for Blizzcon so I may only chop the sleeves off of a couple of my t-shirts. But I’ll pick things out closer to the day. Which I guess would be… tomorrow? Jeez.
Did I forget anything? Can you think of something I may have missed?
Happy Halloween, if you’re so inclined.
Dumping site today. That’s what this is, because I’ve got some free time and about a dozen things I need to get done. But I want to post something because I don’t want to let this blog slip. So yeah, I’m posting.
Useful? See picture above. I had a long weekend. So, things!
- In World of Warcraft news, I made about 90 grand in gold with my Horde
garrisonorder hall. Alliance-side, I sold a few Hexweave bags but made about ten thousand gold with three halls running. Both of them ended up netting me enough gold on each server that I managed to buy two tokens. One went to pay for a month of gameplay, and the other got banked so I could transfer an alt to the new Horde gold machine. He’s slowly getting set up.
- Briefly, setting up an Order Hall – for me at least, consists of getting six champions, unlocking slots to add the buff tokens on each, then getting their iLevel to 890. At that point, I will run the Meatball questline for the BEST ORDER HALL CHAMPION. Once I have him, I’ll either unlock the seventh slot or I’ll check the flowcharts and deactive the champion that’s performing the worst.
- Blizzcon just over two weeks away. I need to print out my ticket stuff, flight info, confirm my AirBnB closet that I’m staying in, and keep the Vitamin C rolling to stay healthy. I’ll be living off of protein bars, clean underwear, and cleaning products. Packing light is what I’m saying here.
- Tomorrow night I’ll be GM’ing my second Pathfinder Society scenario. The first one was a decent 6/10, but with the players a little more comfortable with their characters and me repeatedly running the scenario in my head to prepare, I’m hoping to put up some stronger numbers. I may even get some character scalps – it’s poor form to kill new players in their first RPG session ever. That’s out of the way, so all bets are off.
- I want to get my short story published before Blizzcon. Yeah, I’m working on a short story. I’m overthinking it, and I know I just need to get it all down and out into the world. But there were parts of it that I wasn’t happy with. Maybe it was the sleep deprivation, but a couple ideas hit me when I woke up this morning. I made notes. Now I need to make it all happen.
- I have to get my gym routine sorted. Currently I’m doing the “hit the cardio to try and look pretty for when I meet my fellow nerdlings at Blizzcon”, but I need to get back to doing what I was doing at my old gym. I moved to a closer gym because the commute to the old place was eating up precious hours in the day. But the new place doesn’t have the gear that the old one did. So I find myself nitpicking when I just need to give my head a shake, find something heavy, and lift it repeatedly. And by “something heavy”, I mean something other than my lead ass.
See? Busy nerd here. No life-altering updates here, but I thought I’d touch base.
Consider this base touched.