Anyone who has spent any time with me knows that I’m a very giving sort of guy. (Editor’s Note: That is not entirely accurate. He always asks for separate checks, and will stick someone else with the extra appetizer that he ordered.) On my blog I try to offer tips for classes and gold making. In my various guild(s) I often donate gold, mats, and crafted items. Even my Battle Pets are fed a constant diet of battles. (Editor’s Note: Okay maybe we stand corrected.) So you see, my awesomeness is surpassed only by my modesty. (Editor’s Note: And boom goes the dynamite.)
Hey, World of Warcraft players! You know how you’ve been chatting with your guildmates on you iPhone or Android device while cruising down the highway? You remember thinking how amazing technology can be, letting you interact with these people who were currently logged into WoW, while you yourself were obviously NOT in-game, all while speeding toward the intersection hoping to beat the red light?
(Editor’s Note: Seriously, don’t do that people. That shit is reckless and dangerous. Plus, try explaining to the cops that you rear-ended that family of five because you were talking about what class your Panda was going to be. Sodomy via taser is nothing to sneeze at, folks. It does the opposite of tickle.)
Remember feeling minor regret at having to pay a couple of bucks a month for the privilege of being able to waste even more free time in WoW?
Well you can squash that minor regret like the cat you drove over while you were reposting your Peacebloom on the AH! The Mobile AH just went FULLY FREE TO USE baby!
Starting today, all of the features that were previously part of the optional World of Warcraft Remote subscription service are now available for free to all World of Warcraft subscribers. These features include:
- Remote Guild Chat – Stay in touch with your guildmates on the go using your mobile phone.
- Remote Auction House – Bid on items, create auctions, and collect gold via your mobile device or through the official World of Warcraft website.
It just became that much easier for World of Warcraft to devour more of your waking hours! How exciting and wonderful!
EDIT: I just received an email regarding my own mobile armory account. Turns out you get a free pet as well as game time!
Your World of Warcraft Remote subscription has automatically been cancelled, and the recurring payment method associated with this subscription will not be charged again.
In addition, as a current World of Warcraft Remote subscriber, you will receive the following:
– 7 free days of World of Warcraft subscription time for each World of Warcraft account with an active World of Warcraft Remote subscription as of 08/23/2012 (applied to each account automatically).
– One free Lil’ XT pet to call your own or give away to a friend — our way to say “thanks” for being a World of Warcraft Remote subscriber. (Limit one per Battle.net account.)
Well it’s official – Mists of Pandaria finally has a release date – September 25, 2012!
Blizzard being Blizzard, is also making it worth your while to pick up the expansion by throwing not only swag from their other titles, but both pets AND mounts at you –
The Digital Deluxe version of Mists of Pandaria includes a full digital copy of the expansion along with the following exclusive in-game bonus items:
- World of Warcraft In-Game Mount: Take to the skies of Azeroth astride the mystical Imperial Quilen flying mount.
- World of Warcraft In-Game Pet: Journey across Pandaria with the Lucky Quilen Cub at your side.
- StarCraft® II Battle.net® Portraits: Bring the Horde and Alliance rivalry to the far reaches of the Koprulu sector with exclusive Infested Orc and Night Elf Templar Battle.net portraits.
- Diablo® III Banner Sigil and Accent: Display your status as a hero of Pandaria with the iconic markings of World of Warcraft’s newest playable race, the pandaren.
The wait is over. Now start making plans for the release date!
In the upcoming WoW expansion, Mists of Pandaria, Blizzard has taken on the role of your parents and will be making you share with your siblings. Only in this case, your siblings happen to be all the characters in your account.
Yes, even the Gnome you don’t admit you play. You cannot hide your shame from Blizzard.
Everything will be shared account-wide. Things like Achievements and Non-Combat Pets, very little will be out of bounds.
Yes, even mounts. Well, except for these ones:
Azure Cloud Serpent
Cataclysmic Gladiator’s Twilight Drake
Crimson Cloud Serpent
Deadly Gladiator’s Frost Wyrm
Furious Gladiator’s Frost Wyrm
Goblin Mini Hotrod
Golden Cloud Serpent
Grand Expedition Yak
Grand Ice Mammoth
Jade Cloud Serpent
Jeweled Onyx Panther
Onyx Cloud Serpent
Relentless Gladiator’s Frost Wyrm
Ruthless Gladiator’s Twilight Drake
Summon Exarch’s Elekk
Summon Great Exarch’s Elekk
Summon Great Sunwalker Kodo
Summon Sunwalker Kodo
Summon Thalassian Charger
Summon Thalassian Warhorse
Swift Mooncloth Carpet
Swift Shadoweave Carpet
Swift Spellfire Carpet
Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth
Vicious Gladiator’s Twilight Drake
Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade
Wrathful Gladiator’s Frost Wyrm
Big Daddy Blizz does not want you sharing class mounts (Felsteed), profession mounts (the engineer’s motorcycles), Feats of Strength mounts (like the Twilight Drake), or money-sinks in general (Tundra Mammoth, I’m looking at you).
So, just like your parents, Blizz is picking a favorite child and letting them keep their own goodies.
Let the daddy issues begin.
How do you know when you can leave a set of dailies (ie Fireland) behind?
1) When you’ve capped out the rep that you need. (meh)
2) When you’ve bought all the epic gear/goodies they’ll let you buy. (yawn)
3) When you get the achievement for it. (Okay…)
4) When they mail you a flaming bird mount.