One Month Later
I know life can get pretty hectic, but not updates in over a month? Unacceptable. It’s not like I haven’t been playing. Tell you what, I’ll fill you in on what I’ve been doing. At the end, I’ll add a cool Demon Hunter tip that I discovered. Sound fair? Groovy.
Okay, so, updates in the past month:
- I dinged 110 on my Pandaren Hunter. That’s my third character at level cap. This one was more out of frustration because Blizzard decided to change the prerequisites for the guild achievement “Stay Classy.” My guild is pretty small, so any race/class combo we can get checked off was an accomplishment. Prior to patch 7.1, you just needed a character at level 85 (90 for Pandarens – racists), and Honored rep with the guild. We had that for a number of combos, and only needed about eight more to unlock the guild bank tab we’ve been working toward for quite some time. However, after the patch, you needed classes at “Max Level.” To make matters worse, many of the combos we’d already completed were reset. So instead of needing about eight more characters leveled up, we now needed 25 or so. Pandaren Hunter was one I had been working on, so I took him to cap. Not sure if I’ll run through with my Dwarf Warrior, or take another DK through.
- My Demon Hunter twink has been tearing up everything in front of him. He’s been great for gold making, gathering up herbs and skins and so on. Now that I’ve got some raid food recipes unlocked, he’s gathering up mats for that as well. Plus, I had him tanking for my guild (LOVE the content adjusting to levels, so a 101 can group with 110’s). He didn’t even have his tanking artifact weapons, and he tore it up like a boss. Say what you will, DH’s are not #SAWFT.
- My Death Knight? Yeah, I’ve given him a bit of love too. But honestly, other than grinding rep so he’s ready to unlock flight when the time comes, I’m not sure how much further he’ll go. I do have to run through his profession quests, so that’ll probably be my focus with him. There’s gold to be had there, and I do loves me some gold.
That’s been my month. Now, about that tip…
How to Demon Hunter on ANY Server
Demon Hunters, being the new Hero Class, are currently locked behind restrictions. Those restrictions being:
- Only one DH per server.
- You must have a Level 70 character on that server before you can start a new DH.
But what if you want to start a Demon Hunter on a new server? Do you have to transfer a Level 70 character over, just to start a DH? Or do you start a DK, grind him up to 70, then park him so you can get your DH groove on?
Turns out, nah to both.
- Create a new character. Doesn’t matter what, you won’t be playing it.
- At the top of the screen where it says “Character Type”, select “Class Trial”. Select any race and class. Again, doesn’t matter what you pick because you won’t be playing it.
- Once the character is made and the boost is applied, you now have a temporary Level 100 character on that server. If you don’t log it in, it’ll sit there indefinitely.
- After that, you are free to create your Demon Hunter.
Hope this helps! Rokk out!
Posted on November 3, 2016, in World of Warcraft and tagged Demon Hunter, Guild Achievement, Hunter, Leveling, WoW Tips. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on One Month Later.