Weekly Update – Patch 6.2
Posted by Donny Rokk
Patch 6.2 – what does it mean, and what the Hell am I supposed to do with it? Flying, grinding, gold, ugh.
So how’s garrison gold life in the WoD 6.2 world? I’ve been looking at some of the feedback over at /r/woweconomy on Reddit. Near as I can tell, the jury is still out as far as reaction to the garrison gold nerfs. Some folks are noticing a significant loss in the amount of gold they earn per day, while others still feel like they are still putting up solid numbers. I’ll have a more accurate assessment next week, but over the past few days I pulled in 23,840g. These might have been skewed due to front-loading the big salvage crates at the beginning of the week before the patch. But we’ll see what happens after a solid week of Garrison Gold Nerfing.
Great gargling gooey gumdrops, so much to do. I didn’t have much playtime to tackle most of the patch stuff. Even with running the Curse updates, it took a day just to get a follower mission addon that worked. And I needed that addon, because to Hell with trying to navigate the follower mission UI. #GarrisonGoldProblems
Reflecting on last week’s list:
- Finish up some quests and exploration, start on Apexis mission. (Worked on some, but didn’t get too much further along as far as the flying achievement goes. Apexis missions may be put on hold, as well as finishing off old quests. Sole focus to be on, well, the next thing.)
- Start the Tanaan Jungle reps. (Started, yes. I’m missing one. Haven’t made my way out to the cat area, which apparently only has one quest for rep anyway. Regardless, I’ll do them as I can. It might take a bit longer to get flying, but I’ll get there eventually.)
- Harrison Jones missions. (Limited success on this front. Got the one Treasure mission that had eluded me for weeks. Completed it on every character, which finished up Harrison for one of them. The other five need only one left to complete, and four of them need the same one. Confident this will get hammered out this upcoming week.)
- Ride out the Patch 6.2 gong show, let the bugs fall where they may. (Done. Still working on Addon updates.)
- Set the Hearthstone for a couple of characters, putting them in the Laughing Skull village in north Gorgrond (excellent for Lumber Mill). (Didn’t get the chance. Was going to but thought I’d keep the hearthstone set in Pandaria and continue to fly out to the lumber paradise. Nice to be able to jump to Pandaria with a Potion of Luck and grind out gold for twenty minutes.)
Next week missions includes:
- Continue with the rep grind.
- Harrison Jones damn your eyes.
- Get more characters into Tanaan Jungle.
- Using PVP gear for upgrades.
- Using Apexis crystal gear for upgrades.
What did I learn this week?
- The Garrison Follower Mission UI blows donkey dick, and I’d rather use a shitty addon than what Blizzard gave me to use.
- Harrison Jones is playing hard to get, and I’m not liking it. Not one bit.
- Passive garrison gold making is still there.
- It’s going to take quite a bit of time for me to unlock flying. I’m still ok with that.
About Donny RokkGamer. Writer. Lover. Fighter. Defying stereotypes, one nerdgasm at a time.
Posted on June 28, 2015, in World of Warcraft and tagged Apexis Crystal, Flying in WoD, Garrison, Gold, Harrison Jones, Honor Gear, Rep Grind, Tanaan Jungle. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Weekly Update – Patch 6.2.
Comments are closed.