The Ironpaw Shuffle
Mists of Pandaria is promoting obesity by glorifying stat food and cooking among the Pandaren people. To that I say “Thank You”, because it’s been helping me make gold. The beauty of the system is that it can be done as soon as a character can get to Pandaria (ie be Level 85). The system is called the Ironpaw Shuffle, and according to this article there are a few prerequisites:
- Level 85 with MoP. Everyone relevant to this is in Halfhill Market, in the Valley of the Four Winds, and everything is based on level-restricted quests and items.
- Complete the introductory quests to all 6 cooking Ways (specialisations), which notably include delivering a few ingredients (details). These require 525 cooking.
- Those unlock Nam Ironpaw’s Preserving Freshness quest, which then becomes the repeatable quest, “Replenishing the Pantry”.
The shuffle then goes like this –
- Take 1 stack of any one Pandarian cooking ingredient and combine it with an Empty Container for that ingredient to make a bundle of groceries. Empty Containers are sold by Merchant Cheng for 1g 50s.
- Complete Replenishing the Pantry with the groceries, gaining 1 Ironpaw Token per bundle of groceries (1 token per stack).
- Use the Ironpaw Token to buy a Sack containing 5 (or 25 for vegetables) of any cooking ingredient (sold by Nam Ironpaw) that are selling at a premium on the AH.
Prices tend to bounce, so it might take a little research to figure out what works for you on your server. Good luck!