Packing For Blizzcon 2011
Blizzcon 2011 is only a few days away, and if you’re like me you are stoked to be going!
Also, if you’re like me you haven’t given any thought to what you’re going to pack.
Usually in situations like this, I will procrastinate until the night before I leave and just shove everything into a bag. But not this year. This year I am thinking ahead. My master plan involves:
- A Paper Trail – Printout of the Blizzcon barcode, a copy of my passport, not to mention plane, hotel, and shuttle reservations. While it might be easy to keep these things on my smartphone, I don’t want to be the victim of Murphy’s Law and have my phone fail when I’m trying to catch a flight.
- Toiletries – I will get the small travel sizes if I insist on bringing my own toothpaste and mouthwash, since many hotels provide these items. I am bringing deodorant, because GAMER FUNK IS REAL YOU GUYS. Also hand sanitizer, because nobody wants to get a Con Flu from one of the thousands of people attending Blizzcon. Seriously. I don’t know where some of you people have been.
- Cash – Traveller’s Cheques or dollah dollah bills yo. Everything is on my poor, poor plastic so money will only be used for food, drink, or swag. I suspect there will be many opportunities for drink.
- Clothes – With temps from 76-80F (24-26C) and plenty of sun, I plan to dress accordingly. I might bring a spring jacket or sweatshirt, but I’m coming from temps hovering just above freezing so I’m looking at shorts for the most part. There’s also a laundry service at the hotel, so I can wear one change of clothes there and wash them once I get to the hotel.
- Comfy Shoes – Wear these or pack a pair. I can’t tell you how important it is that you have good footwear, because You Will Be On Your Feet. The lines are legendary, and there’s plenty of square footage inside the Convention Center, not to mention from your hotel to the Convention Center, that will be covered.
- Daypack – I will bring one in case I buy swag, or to carry some inexpensive snacks and water. By that I mean snacks and water not purchased using kidneys and prayers at the ‘Con itself. There’s a number of stores nearby to pick up munchies. Take advantage.
- Earplugs – The concerts are generally LOUD, and Foo Fighters won’t be any different this year.
- Camera – There will be no shortage of photo ops.
Can you think of anything I might have missed? Leave me a comment with any suggestions you might have.
Posted on October 17, 2011, in Blog and tagged Blizzcon, Blizzcon 2011, Packing. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Packing For Blizzcon 2011.