Death Knight Changes in Patch 4.1
Patch 4.1, which will be coming out any Tuesday now (coughApril26cough), looks like it’s going to make DK’s a little bit sexier. Now I know what you’re thinking, cause I’m good (or creepy) like that. You’re thinking “How can the Death Knight become any sexier? Are they going to fart bats or something?”
First, no. No they’re not farting anything.
Second, that’s sick dude.
Here are the changes coming in patch 4.1 for the Death Knight.
- Dark Simulacrum now works on numerous additional spells in dungeon encounters.
- Raise Ally has been redesigned to be a battle resurrection, analogous to Rebirth. It is instant cast, but costs 50 Runic Power to use, and has a 10-minute cooldown. It shares the same global battle resurrection cap with Rebirth and Soulstone.
- Blood Shield now only works while in Blood Presence.
- Death Strike self-healing no longer generates threat.
- Blood of the North (passive) now permanently converts both Blood Runes into Death Runes. There is no longer any proc interaction with Blood Strike required to activate Death Runes.
- Frost Strike now deals 130% of weapon damage, up from 110%.
- Howling Blast damage has been increased by 20%. To compensate, the area-of-effect splash now does 50% of the single-target damage, down from 60%. The net result of this change leaves the area-of-effect damage roughly the same as 4.0.6 numbers. In addition, Howling Blast now has a facing requirement.
- Desecration no longer triggers when an applicable strike hits a snare-immune target. This is primarily to avoid unnecessary spell effect clutter during boss encounters.
- Rage of Rivendare again applies 15/30/45% additional damage to Plague, Scourge, and Festering Strike, up from 12/24/36%.
- Glyph of Raise Ally is now Glyph of Death Gate, and makes Death Gate cast 60% faster.
Death Knight Bug Fixes
- Runeforging no longer displays a skill-up UI element.
Frost will be feeling the love this time around, but I’m not expecting the buffs to last. For now, love the chilling embrace of the Frost DK.
Cute or no, he will mercilessly gut you like a fish and feel no remorse afterward.
Posted on April 24, 2011, in Blog and tagged Frost DK, Unholy DK. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Death Knight Changes in Patch 4.1.